Marriage License Information

To obtain a marriage license, both the prospective bride and groom must appear together at the Clerk-Recorder's Office of their county of choice.  A blood test is not required. The couple  must be an unmarried man and an unmarried woman, both 18 years of age or older.  Each person must present a valid picture ID (driver's license, green card, or passport).  If either party has been granted a divorce within 90 days of applying for a new marriage license, a copy of the final divorce decree must be presented at the time of issue.

This license is valid for 90 days and can be used anywhere in California.  If the license expires unused, another license must be purchased.  You are not married until a marriage ceremony is performed and the license is completed and properly recorded.

Each county has it's own fee schedule for marriage license applications and certified copies of marriage licenses.  For additional information, we have listed the websites of a few of our local county recorder offices for your convenience.  These websites offer office hours, application locations, fee schedules and other pertinent information. 

I highly recommend the following establishments:

Sweet Pea Wedding Services-Floral and Officiating 408.842.3910

Altared Blessings-Officiant services 408.623.5944

Richard’s Photography Studio 408.683.2575

Hello Gorgeous Hair Salon 408.846.0000

Tiffany Hair Salon 408.782.8411

Feelin' Festive Party Planning

Westside Grill 408.847.3800

Wedgewood Wedding and Banquet Center at Eagle Ridge Golf Club

Gilroy Fitzgerald House Bed and Breakfast

Please visit my other business, Whitney McClelland Designs -
Contemporary decorative painting for your home or business.


Click here to schedule a complimentary consultation or call 408-391-4409